Hi, I’m Angie, founder of The Small Business Kit.
I am a qualified business advisor, mentor, and lifestyle coach who has been there, done it and got quite a few tee shirts along the way!
No text book theory here. Just straightforward experienced advice from someone who cares (and gets results)!
- Sales & Marketing 85%
- Business Planning 90%
- Work/life balance 72%
- Customer Happiness 98%
When people ask me what I do I tell them …
I am a small business specialist focusing on women working from home
But what I really want to say is …
I have an incredible talent for unleashing the hidden potential in women who want a lifestyle business they have always dreamt of.
And what I really really want to say is …
I am absolutely fabulous and love nothing more than helping women to build a business that gives them the flexibility, time freedom and lifestyle they so desperately want, whilst having oodles of fun along the way.
As I’m sure you know by now, I help women build and grow a business of their own. I help them with their confidence, mindset and the tangible business tools they need to truly be successful.
When it comes to building a successful long-term business, I am quite simply Absolutely Fabulous!
- I’ve got 20+ years of experience in sales, marketing, customer service, and communication.
- I’m a fully qualified business advisor and have worked as an advisor on
- European projects including the Women’s Enterprise Program,
- Government Start-Up Loan Scheme,
- Superfast Business programme,
- Growth Voucher Scheme and am
- Trading Standards approved.
- I’ve built and run both six-figure businesses and solopreneur home businesses.
- I’ve worked with hundreds of clients in dozens of industries — from creatives, lifestyle industries, and health + wellness businesses through to high tech and manufacturers.
- I have been both hugely successful in my own businesses and spectacularly failed – I have been there and got the tee-shirt. I have cried a lot and laughed often.
When I’m not working you will find me indulging in my passions of shoes, shopping, and champagne or planning my next trip somewhere abroad. On quieter days, I will be either out walking along the river or snuggled up on the sofa with my fabulous furry best friend, Molly the Labrador. (you will often see pictures of us together on Instagram).
Thank you Angie, you have been such an influence in my progress, it’s like you sprinkled magic business dust over me! Thank you for believing in me it means a lot You are a very empowering womanAnna Houghton
What I can give you ...or what you will get from working with me
- The wisdom I have found from the hundreds of books I have read
- The lessons I have learnt from the thousands of hours I have studied
- The expertise I have built up whilst gaining my qualifications and accreditations
- The knowledge I have gained from the mentors and coaches I have worked under
- The practical experience I have from working with hundreds of small businesses over the years
- The insights to the mistakes I have made whilst building my own businesses and how to avoid them
- The solutions I have found from the thousands I have spent in learning and practical applications
- The know-how and learning I continue to build daily from running my own successful business
Angie is amazing in every way! Her knowledge is extensive, her advice is outstanding and she is a wonderful, down-to-Earth woman who is so easy to talk to and get along with. Her dedication to helping those of us who are struggling with parts of our businesses is admirable and greatly appreciated!Sadie Lenton
If you’re dying to know more ...here are a few little extras that you probably don’t already know.
- My two favourite trashy tv shows are Absolutely Fabulous (ok, you probably do know that by now) and Sex in the City. I so want to be Carrie Bradshaw and blog all day.
- My childhood dream was to be the first female jockey to ride in The Grand National (I grew too tall and too heavy!)
- I am a book addict but have a terrible habit of reading too many at once. I currently have no less than 14 books on my bedside cabinet that I dip in and out of!
- I am one of the rare women who don’t like chocolate. Nope! I really don’t.
- I once auditioned for The Apprentice. Out of 24,000 applicants, I made it to the final 100.
- My second childhood dream was to be a ballet dancer. This dream was scuppered for the same reason as interesting fact number 2.
- My favourite cocktail is a French 75. It combines my two favourite alcohols of Champagne and gin.
- I was one of the first qualified female estate agents in SW England
- My favourite quote is ‘If you think you can, or think you can’t, you are right’ by Henry Ford
- I really, really want to be a real life Carrie Bradshaw
Absolutely fabulous! Good sound advice, goes above & beyond to help!Jane Downing